We truly believe that radio can really be for everyone, no exception. CamGlen Radio is radio made for the community, by the community - pure and simple.
Local people steer everything we do, and are involved in every possible role at the station; from technical support & audio production to scheduling & programming and everything in between. The vast majority of presenters are from right here and for many, CamGlen Radio is their first real taste of radio broadcasting.
The idea for CamGlen Radio was born in 2005, and between 2007 and 2012 we completed 12 short term (one month) broadcasts which was an eye opening and amazing experience that improved each time. Over that time we welcomed and said goodbye to hundreds of volunteers. On 19th March 2015 we moved up to the next stage in the station’s life – full time broadcasting on FM!
Since October 2015 we have been based in Number 18, Rutherglen in custom built, professional broadcast facilities featuring fully sound insulated, fully connected broadcast, production and performance studios.
Number 18 also features a 70 capacity first floor meeting space and there are plans in place to turn this into a regular gig venue.. Exciting times!
We exist for two main reasons:
- To bring accessible, hyper-local radio to every household and business in and around Cambuslang and Rutherglen – linking people to services, promoting local identity, and serving as a local information hub by broadcasting programmes, news and information that is about the local areas. We are a platform for up and coming artists, local voices and opinion and we provide services to local organisations. We aim to provide an entertaining, vibrant and engaging radio station that local people are proud of.
- To offer a range of engaging volunteering opportunities to local people – providing training and support to help people improve their lives by becoming part of a thriving team, learning new skills and getting to put them into practice!
Radio is an amazing medium to help people learn new skills, gain experience and confidence, build social connections and above all it’s great fun!
Being part of Healthy n Happy Community Development Trust means that we have greater capacity to encourage and support the involvement of local people from all backgrounds, no matter what barriers there may be.
Our volunteer pool consists of a healthy mix of experienced radio presenters & volunteers with local people just starting out, looking to cut their radio teeth.
CamGlen Radio is a real alternative – you’ll hear all your favourite songs but we strive to be different, which means we will be playing music and bringing you programmes that you won’t usually hear on other stations.
No-one else can bring you something so special and relevant to the local areas.. after all - local people bring it to you.
Please tell us and we will deal with it as quickly as we can. If we receive a complaint we will investigate and respond promptly. We will use your concern or complaint as an opportunity to learn and to improve how we do things.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of what we have done or said please let us know.
Ideally speak first to the person who attended to you. We understand that sometimes this can be difficult so if you can’t do this for any reason please speak or write to our Executive Director or Chairperson.
Who can make a complaint?
CamGlen Radio is part of Healthy n Happy Community Development Trust.
Everyone who engages with Healthy n Happy Community Development Trust, including beneficiaries, service users, volunteers, partner agency staff and customers can make a complaint about any aspect the organisation, our people, services or activities.
How to make a complaint
• By speaking with the person who attended to you
• By calling on 0141 646 0123
• By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
• By writing to the Executive Director or Chairperson at:
Healthy n Happy Community Development Trust
16 Farmeloan Road
What will happen after I complain?
Your complaint will be acknowledged within five working days of the complaint being received. We will advise you of any immediate action being taken in response to your complaint and give you an indication of when you should expect to receive a full response. Complaints will be responded to within 25 working days of their receipt.
We will keep your complaint confidential as far as possible, but we may need to share information with other relevant people in order to fully investigate and resolve it. We will handle information in line with the Data Protection Act.